Calvary Christian Academy is a growing Christian school in Charlotte, NC, offering hands-on, relational education rooted in God’s word. CCA welcomes dynamic Christian educators and staff to join our faculty and contribute to our innovative and collaborative educational environment. CCA is a ministry of Calvary Church.
Interested candidates should submit a resume and cover letter to HR@calvarychurch.com.
Calvary Christian Academy Educators embody a love for the Lord, a love for students, and a love for learning. At Calvary Christian Academy, the Art Educator has endless opportunities to help shape students’ minds, hearts, and souls by nurturing artistic expression and excellence in visual terms, using skills and techniques consistent with school guidelines and to develop aesthetic understanding and appreciation of visual art.
Knowledge and Skills
- Discover and develop talents of students in the field of art
- Teach knowledge and skills in art, including drawing, painting, lettering, and art history
- Provide instruction by which students develop aesthetic concepts and appreciations and the ability to make qualitative judgments about art
- Demonstrate techniques in activities such as drawing and painting
- Provide individual and small-group instruction to adapt the curriculum to the needs of students with varying intellectual and artistic abilities and accommodate a variety of instructional activities
- Evaluate each student’s performance and growth in knowledge and aesthetic understanding and prepare progress reports
- Plan and present art displays and exhibitions designed to exhibit students’ work for the school and the community
- Model excellent communication skills with students, families, and staff
Requirements and Qualifications
- Bachelor’s degree in Art or Art Education
- 3-5 years of teaching experience preferred
Substitute teachers will work as needed throughout the school year. Must be able to model a strong relationship with Jesus Christ in all student, staff, and family interactions.
Requirements: Bachelor’s degree; classroom teaching experience is preferred but not required.
- Ability to plan and pace oneself in order to meet deadlines with quality
- Ability to present oneself in a professional manner
- Ability to create and maintain open and direct communication with co-workers, ministry
volunteers, and those from the congregation
- Maintain exemplary communication by acknowledging email and voice messages within
24 hours; letters that need to be responded to within 3 working days
Ministry specific responsibilities:
- Demonstrate knowledge of developmental characteristics of the age groups taught
- Demonstrate the ability to inspire learning after school hours and cultivate relationships with students
- Implement effective student group management and discipline procedures to establish a positive environment conducive to play and learning
- Model effective teacher-parent partnering through timely communication with parents in support of the After-Care program.
- Be responsible for professional growth by utilizing feedback and evaluation indicators
- Be responsible for the supervision of staff and students in non-instructional school environments and activities
- Integrate biblical worldview and values into all courses and recognize that the integration of faith, culture, and life in Christian education is permeated by the integration of faith and life in the person of the teacher
- Evidence strong communication skills, both written and verbal
- Demonstrate adeptness in problem solving and conflict resolution
- Evidence strong organizational skills and the ability to finish tasks in a timely manner
- Demonstrate emotional maturity and stability when dealing with the challenges of life and school
- Evidence the ability to maintain confidentiality pertaining to school matters
- Evidence the ability to work collaboratively within a team
- Possess strong computer skills and familiarity with appropriate learning technology
- Present a positive image of the school to others and to the community
- Evidence ongoing professional growth and active participation in school-provided professional development activities
- Have an attitude of Christian service and model Christian principles and behavior to students and colleagues
- Carry out other duties as assigned by the school principal
Experience and training:
- Evidence of a mature, personal Christian faith
- Evidence of an understanding of and a commitment to the distinctive qualities of Christian education as well as the mission of Calvary Christian Academy
- Possession of a bachelor’s degree in elementary education preferred
- Minimum of 3 years teaching experience preferred
- Evidence of strong organizational, communication, interpersonal and technological skills
- Ability to lift, push and/or pull up to 40 pounds when occasionally needed.